EFET Session 3: Towards a pan-European hydrogen market
One of the key objectives set out in the EU Hydrogen Strategy is to move towards a liquid market with commodity-based hydrogen trading. In this episode we discussed how to move from vision to action, enabling a pan-EU hydrogen market beyond the existing market for hydrogen as chemical feedstock.
- Why does hydrogen need to become an integral element of Europe’s Internal Energy Market?
- What are the key principles that a future market design for hydrogen should be based on? How to enable a liquid market with commodity-based hydrogen trading?
- Is a harmonised EU-wide framework for GoOs and GCs achievable?
- Could alignment between the EU Hydrogen Strategy, the EU System Integration Strategy, RED II revision and review of MRR reinforce the uptake of GoOs for hydrogen and other types of gases?
Moderator: Doug Wood, Board member, EFET
- Peter Biltoft-Jensen, RES-gas Working Group Chair, EFET
- Christopher Jones, Part-time Professor, Florence School of Regulation & Principal, Energy Regulatory and Antitrust at Baker McKenzie
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Secretary-General, Hydrogen Europe
ON DEMAND VIDEO