Spotlight on Canada: Exchange of views on how Digitalisation can help the energy sector in a Post-Covid era
As the second-largest producer of hydropower in the world, the Canadian industry has always been recognised for its leadership in large construction projects and in the operation of transmission networks.
The shift of paradigm from a centralised to a distributed grid has given Canada the opportunity to shape a more sustainable energy future for this country through the use of local smart solutions.
This episode was organised by the Trade Commissioner Service of Canada, in conjunction with Canadian Provinces and Enlit Europe, and it offers you an exchange of views on experiences and opportunities between the Canadian and the European energy communities to meet the challenge of integrating more renewables, reducing costs and energy and while meeting its decarbonisation objectives using digital technologies and facing new challenges deriving from the pandemic.
- Luciano Martini, Director of the Department for Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE
- H.E. Alexandra Bugailiskis, Canada’s Ambassador to the Italian Republic
- Neetika Sathe, Vice President, Alectra Green Energy & Technology Centre (GRE&T Centre)
- Sarah Martin, Manager, Partner Success, Advanced Energy Centre (AEC), MaRS Discovery District
- Naveen Goswamy, Science and Technology Advisor, NRCan
- Patrick Judge, VP Business Development - New Solutions - InnovHQ, Hydro-Quebec
- Robert Denda, Head of Network Technology and Innovability, Enel Global Infrastructure and Networks
- Vincent Scherrer, Delegate to the CIO, GRTgaz
- Klaas Hommes, System Operations and International Development, TenneT TSO B.V.
- Patrizia Giuliotti, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Italy
ON DEMAND VIDEO