Watch the premiere of the New Energy Landscape Hub Series
The first episode of the New Energy Landscape Hub Series will be about "Carbon Capture’s role in the energy transition" and you can join on the 13th of July, between 14:00 and 15:00 CEST. Register by filling out the form below.
Capturing, storing or utilising CO2 is seen to be a key aspect of the energy transition. If net-zero is to be achieved by 2050, carbon capture will be needed to significantly and quickly reduce emissions from hard-to-abate industrial sectors and power plants. Carbon capture can facilitate the large-scale production of low-emission hydrogen, which is seen as the clean energy vector of the future. In addition, the technologies’ deployment will not only create new clean growth opportunities, but also build new industries, create and retain employment and sustain local economies. However, commercialising CCUS is not without its technical and financial challenges.
This session will:
- Explore the possibilities for carbon capture to accelerate decarbonisation and unlock flexibility in the power system
- Provide an update on European and national support for CCUS
- Address the advances in technology
- Reference ongoing projects that are demonstrating the benefits of sector coupling
The episode will be moderated by Anastasios Perimenis, Acting Secretary-General, CO2 Value Europe, and the expert presentations will be followed by a panel discussion, during which questions from the live audience will be answered.
The expert guest speakers are:
- Patrick Clerens, Secretary-General, Energy Technologies Europe
- Jaap Vente, Roadmap Manager Towards a CO2-neutral industry, TNO
- Rebecca Heaton, Head of Climate Change, Drax
Watch The Webinar On Demand Below
Fill out your details and click on the button below to watch the webinar on this page: