Special Episode - 30 innovations for a renewable-powered future
The joint session with Initiate and IRENA will discuss how the 30 innovations identified by IRENA in its “Innovation landscape for a renewable-powered future” project are accelerating the energy transition. The episode will stress the importance of a systemic innovation approach, meaning fostering innovation in four dimensions: enabling technologies, business models, market design and system operation. The role of those innovations will be discussed in the context of the ongoing disruptive trends in the power sector: 1) digitalisation, 2) decentralisation and 3) electrification. These trends are changing paradigms, unlocking system flexibility for a high share of VRE penetration. They are changing the roles and responsibilities of actors and opening doors to new entrants in the sector.
Expert presentations will be followed by a panel discussion, during which questions from the live audience will be answered.
- Annagret Groebel, Director of International Relations at the German Regulatory Authority BNetzA; President CEER
- Dolf Gielen, Director Innovation and Technology, IRENA
- Enno Böttcher - CEO, NODES
- João Torres, CEO of EDP Distribuição
- Maher Chebbo - Co-Chair of the ETIP SNET Digital Energy
- Michele Governatori - Professor of Environmental Economics and Resource Economics, University Suor Orsola Benincasa
- Norela Constantinescu, Manager Research & Innovation, ENTSO-E