Batteries on Wheels: The Future of Vehicle to Everything
- EVs are Paramount to Energy Co’s. In the near future, most electric vehicles will be a part of all smart energy management, whether that’s in their prosumer drivers’ self-consumption, playing on energy markets (V2X), or balancing electric grids.
- Vehicle-2-Grid is Knocking On Your Door. Today in Italy, it is already possible to arbitrage prices on the day-ahead spot market with V2G, generating relevant new revenue streams from EV batteries. Legislation is cropping up all over the world, enabling this possibility in other markets. Don’t be the last to the table.
- Balancing Markets are Ripe Opportunities. New opportunities are also arising in balancing markets, energy companies will aggregate fleets of EVs to stabilise energy flows at the national and local levels. The success of this crowd balancing depends on the accuracy of predictive, optimising algorithms, which we will uncover during this session.
- The Technology is Catching Up. Vehicle to Everything technology needs a set of adaptive algorithms to forecast and optimise the flexibility in distributed assets. This is where Swiss-Italian startup Hive Power, a spinoff of SUPSI University in Switzerland working on this tech since 2011, comes into play.
- The Clock Is Ticking. With the booming EV market, there is a big opportunity to generate new revenues from these new “battery-on-wheels” assets. On the other side of this dichotomy, there is already an urgent need to optimise to avoid overloading and damaging the electric grid. The players who get this right now are going to secure our energy future and prosper from the new opportunities.