- Consultancy / Intermediary / Aggregator
- Energy Efficiency
- Decarbonisation of Industry
Energy Pool is a key player in the energy transition, providing services and advanced software solutions for the management and optimization of complex energy systems.
Energy Pool is one of the pioneers of the French electricity flexibility market since 2009. The company currently employs more than 250 people and manages more than 5,000 consumption, production and storage assets worldwide, representing a capacity of > 6 GW, i.e. almost double the current flexibility capacity of the French electricity network. With a turnover of €60M in 2022, our company is in a growth acceleration phase (>40%/year).
Its French operations, including its 24/7 network operations center, are based near Chambéry in Savoie Technolac, France's most important energy cluster and the largest incubator in the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region.
In addition to France, it has also been operating in the Japanese and Turkish markets since 2015, in the Netherlands since 2019 and is starting up activities in around ten countries (Germany, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Thailand, Ivory Coast, Baltic States, etc.). In Japan, a very significant reference that perfectly illustrates the company's expertise, Energy Pool provides TEPCO, the country's leading electricity producer, with all the services and tools needed to manage the modulation operations of hundreds of large energy-consuming sites (load shedding, stimulation of consumption) from its operational center based in Tokyo, according to the network's operational needs. Since 2019, TEPCO has become a shareholder of Energy Pool Japan.
Today, Energy Pool has the skills to support its clients in all aspects of the energy transition, from strategy to operations, in order to consume better by optimizing the overall design of their complex systems, their consumption patterns and their energy contracts.
Its activities are built around four business lines
- Flexibility management & operational services: Flexibility solutions for complex systems, from real time to medium/long term; strategic consulting to maximize revenues and reliability; technical support, contracting and 24/7 operations of aggregated portfolios.
- Software & microgrid solutions: Industrialized and scalable software solutions for distributed energy resource management; flexible solution adapted to different contexts: virtual power plant, Demand/Response, microgrids, hybrid power plants.
- Consulting: Market and regulatory expertise; technological and economic feasibility expertise; design of operations; training.
- Process transformation and hybridization: Advice to electricity and gas end-users in their CO2 emission reduction strategy; design of hybridization and electrification plans, including monetization of flexibilities; deployment and operation of projects.
Energy Pool is positioned and sized today to continue its growth and to play a key role with its clients and governments in their objective to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.