Landis+Gyr E660 Electricity meter
Developed for high-end metering and analytics typically found in industrial, commercial applications, the E660 is characterized by unparalleled accuracy, precision and reliability. With extensive possibilities for power quality measurement and with completely new edge functionalities, this one device can support many typical EVU processes. Its properties are aimed at high efficiency at low life cycle costs.
The measuring capacities of the new E660 enable a wide range of applications from the recording of energy demand, power quality and instantaneous values in the grid. In addition, however, it offers an extensive set of tariffs, logbooks and profiles for historical values.
The consistent security architecture sets a new security standard for industrial metering: High-level DLMS security through encryption and authentication, role-based access control (RBAC), TLS protocol and security updates have been specially developed for end devices in the IoT.
The E660 fully complies with all new safety standards according to IEC62052-31. Via the E66E expansion module with digital inputs and outputs and an electromechanical relay, the range of functions can be expanded at any time and over the entire life cycle if required in order to be able to realize new use cases.
Measuring power quality with the E660
The E660 can also be used as a Power Quality Meter (PQI) and contributes to ensuring that utilities meet regulatory requirements with accurate and quickly available data. Due to the continuous measurement, this is a particularly economical model.
Communication and Grid Edge functionalities
The E66C communication module supports the most modern IP communication protocols with LTE CAT-M1 and Ethernet. As a hub for the parallel, secure routing of differentiated data connections to individual clients and systems (MDM, SCADA, etc.), it also allows local actions at the grid edge. Customer-specific use cases and autonomous local applications can be implemented via intelligent data transfer via smart push, remote functions and modular software, which will be introduced successively.
Competitive Total Cost of Ownership
The design and wide range of functions of the E660 aim at a high level of cost-effectiveness over the entire life cycle. Its modular design and flexible expandability with additional features as well as the design, which facilitates installation, integration and operation, contribute to this.
- 3-in-1 concept: One device for billing, grid monitoring/control and power quality monitoring
- High-precision recording of energy consumption/demand for many tariffs
- Integrated continuous power quality measurement (EN50160, IEC61000-4-30 Cl. S)
- Parallel data transmission on different channels
- Interchangeable communication technology and local control functions
- Upgradeable security standards (DLMS Security Suite 0 as default, migration possible to Suite 1, 2 and TLS)
- Flexible and future-proof due to expandable modularity in hardware and software functionality
- Excellent firmware separation of legally relevant measurement technology
- High-quality components
- Complies with IEC62052-31 safety standard
- Fast, safe and reliable connection with spring-loaded clamps
- Integrated Grid Edge Intelligence
- Accuracy classes C, B (MID) or 0.2s, 0.5s, 1 (IEC) (active energy)
- Current transformer connection (CT; CT/VT)
- Active, reactive and apparent energy (4-quadrant counter)
- Power Quality according to EN50160 and IEC 61000-4-30 Cl. S or according to IDIS
- Modular communication with the E66C communication module
- Stand Security and DLMS High Level Security
- Designed for use in locations for surge categories OVC III and OVC IV