Landis+Gyr E360 Electricity Meter
E360: the smart residential meter for the IoT era
With a focus on communication technology, modular firmware and a state-of-the-art security concept, the new E360 is designed for the requirements of the IoT world.
Dependable communication through LTE CAT M1 & NB-IoT on a single IoT communication platform
Communication technology is a core element in any smart metering solution. Not only has it a significant impact on the total solution performance, it also plays a crucial role in the Total Cost of Ownership.
The new E360 family introduces a new integrated E360 LTE meter supporting CAT M1 and NB-IoT protocols. The technology is designed to cope with today’s IoT applications by allowing connection of large numbers of different devices into a single network. It is capable of transferring data cost-efficiently and very reliably compared to previously available mobile technologies. The better signal penetration into buildingsenables it to reach smart energy meters even in basements two levels below ground.
Powerful communication and measurement capabilities for more data-driven use cases
The data collected from smart metering are opening up a whole new world of opportunities for utilities. With its new smart push functionality, the E360 has an intelligent way of sending data from the meter to the Head End System. This ability improves the performance of the device on various levels: It enables the delivery of near real-time data for more accurate and granular power flow calculations – and with this, you improve the transparency and efficiency of your network.
Furthermore, advanced power quality functionality ensures enhanced network stability monitoring to meet the stringent demands of today’s operational environment.
Security by design across the entire lifecycle of the meter
Today‘s security requirements call for a holistic approach that includes the technical security, but also embraces the planning of the entire smart infrastructure from design to production, installation and maintenance processes.
The E360 features an parametrizable role-based access and data in transit and at rest are protected by encryption and authentication. A comprehensive set of logs shows e.g. events, meter point access, firmware updates and all the communication attempts to the meter.
Future proof design to keep your options open
The device is built on a modern, intelligent firmware platform onto which new functionalities and technologies can be added during its operation. Upgrades can be made remotely, quickly and reliably without affecting normal meter operations. There is also headroom for future applications in the firmware as well as a spare FW module for future use. New applications can be easily introduced through standardized interfaces.
- Dependable connectivity with LTE NB-IoT and M1
- Near real time data availability via new smart push functionality as part of our Gridstream® Connect solution
- Strict firmware separation of legally relevant metrology – allowing application changes without re-certification.
- Minimal TCO during 15 years of life, due to low communication cost
- Highest industry standard security mechanisms (DLMS security suite 0 and suite 1), common criteria certified operating system, NIST / FIPS-140 certified crypto library, fully GDPR compliant
- IDIS – interoperability pack 2 now, pack 3 when available
- Variants with wired and wireless M-Bus
- Voltage, THD, power factor, missing neutral diagnostics
- Power outage statistics
- Anti-tampering package
- P1 consumer interface
- On request Landis+Gyr offers connectivity service over the whole lifetime of our devices
- 1ph: E360 LTE CAT M1 and NB-IoT
- 3ph: E360 LTE CAT M1 and NB-IoT
- CT: E360 LTE CAT M1 and NB-IoT